Monday, March 25, 2013

As My Husband Would Say, 'WOODCARVER!'

In January, I did something so out of character for me. So. Out. Of. Character.

A friend of mine started telling me about some essential oils that she had been using as alternatives to traditional meds (pain relievers, germ prevention, weight management meds, etc). She is a nurse so when she told me that they were working for her family, I believed her. I know she's educated and believes in medication (she's not some crazy person that thinks that doctors are nutso), so if she was having success without putting so many harsh and expensive chemicals in her body (and her kids bodies), I was going to give them a try. I did a lot of reading about the kinds of oils that are on the market because I knew nothing of this stuff and I did some price checks. Young Living is the company that she uses because of the price, the therapeutic grade (which means they have no additional chemicals or additives and they're safe to ingest) and the reputation of the organization.

I ordered a few oils to start:
Oregano to help remove a few moles for M and I.
Lavender for scrapes, burns, allergies, headaches and pretty much anything you can imagine.
Peppermint for digestive issues, congestion and headaches.
Lemon for cleaning and detox.
Thieves for when we are sick or feeling like we might get sick (I now use Thieves whenever we go somewhere out of the house).

     


At first I was only using them topically, but I noticed that the peppermint was completely helping with digestive issues. Michael used it on his chest when he was congested. SOLD. Lavender took a migraine headache away within 30 minutes one morning. SOLD. I love the smell of lemon and as soon as I started taking it in pill form, I noticed that my stomach bloating was seriously shrinking. It was like I woke up and I looked like I had lost weight in the mid-section. On the days when I look in the mirror and think, "hey, I don't look pregnant with twins today" it's because I've taken lemon pills (4 drops of lemon and 4 drops of peppermint twice a day is what I do now). I put thieves on the girls feet at night when they have gone out of the house. I also take it in pill form when I'm feeling like I might get sick. The girls haven't been sick in 2013 so far. SOLD!

So after the first week and a lot more reading and research, I KNEW I had found something amazing. I ordered the Everyday Oils kit so that I could try some of the other oils (like Panaway and Frankincense that are pricey outside of the kit and they're included) and I ordered a diffuser. The total of the oils separately in the 15ml size is $407.24 and the kit was only $150, so yea, it was a no-brainer for me.




M really does like the oils and uses them every day but he likes to say "woodcarver!" to me when I pull out my stash. Have you guys seen Brave? When Merida meets that witch and she keeps asking her if she's a witch and the woman keeps saying "woodcarver" to her. It's a hilarious part, anyway, now you understand the title of this post. I'm our resident woodcarver.

You guys, I want to tell everyone I know how amazing these oils are and how much they've changed the way we do things in our house. We are using less chemicals and all of us feel better! The girls beg me for the oils and I even heard them telling someone that they use oils on their feet the other day in a hair salon, ha.  I'm not fully crunchy yet, (still think recycling is a huge waste of money and I will never give up meat) but we are so happy with the way the oils make us feel better. They help us both physically and mentally. I just feel better. I know it's all because of the oils; they're worth every penny.

I'll tell you what I think of the individuals on another post but I did want to share the medicine cabinet makeover we're taking part in right now with you guys.


When I ordered my everyday oils kit, I signed up as a member at Young Living so I could get the discount on my oils (Here's some info on what becoming a member means). I am more than happy to pass that discount onto you if you just want to try out a few oils because that's what was done for me on my first order and I'll be forever thankful that she hooked me up! Let me know if you have questions. There is a ton of amazing information over at my friend, Monique's blog: The Granola Convert. Read her amazing story about trying the oils and why she almost said no HERE.

Look, I'm not trying to sell anything to anyone. PERIOD. If this sounds like a bunch of BS to you, great, no prob. I thought it was too, at first. However, if you want to try the everyday oils kit (if I'm honest, I wish I would have just done that at first before buying the 5 oils to try, it would have saved me some money that month), here's info on how to do that. My member is #1403816. Bonus: The Everyday Oils kit comes with a $40 coupon toward a diffuser which makes the home diffuser half off! Boom!

I'm telling you, this could change your life and this time, I'm not just saying that for dramatic effect. It could actually change your life, especially if you're living in pain, with symptoms, are feeling depressed, are take medications right now or you love someone that is

Have questions? Ask away. Have a symptom? Let's research it. I have a facebook group dedicated to this, so come join us, just let me know.

24 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, so glad you are in the same boat with me. ;) It makes this natural journey even MORE fun. Glad you are seeing the same amazing results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that unknown comment was me...Monique. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, ummmm...figured it out...to use my name, keeping fingers crossed before I hit publish.............

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really interesting. I've never even heard of using oils before. I'm interested in the mole removal... sounds kinda gross, but I have a couple that I've been thinking about having a doctor remove. If I could do it myself, that would be way better. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in the same boat Jenny. All it takes is some Oregano oil. You just apply it directly onto the mole and it will eventually dry up and sluff off like a scab. Gross but better than going to a doctor for sure. I saw someone do it on their face and there was no sign that there was even a mole there. Amazing.

      Delete
  5. Hi Lindsey - This is really intriguing to me. I have heard people use them (like Chiropractors) but none of my friends do. I suffer with migraines too and am willing to try anything to get rid of them. Do you know if there are any oils that help with ADD or ADHD?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. **Lindsay - sorry I hate it when people misspell my name :)

      Delete
    2. Vanessa, doesn't bother me, no worries. Yea, okay, prepare to be linked!

      ADD stuff: http://granolaconvert.com/blog/add

      I wake up with headaches that range in "potency" every other morning. There are 3 oils that I go to. Lavender (on a damp towel on the head), Peppermint on my temples and Frankincense if it's one of those bad boys. Are you on Facebook? Someone was just talking about a headache she had today and tried Frank and it was gone in 30 minutes.

      L

      Delete
  6. Whaat?! Oregano to remove moles?! <-- All over it. Thanks for sharing.

    Love essential oils :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay... i am totally trying the medicine cabinet makeover!! I have been using the oils for about a month or longer and my family and i love them!! I have just used a handful and really wanted to get comfortable before taking on more, but I am ready!! I have been so thrilled at the results so far!! And goodness know, I am tired of taking OTC that really makes me feel worse!! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very interesting. Would love to join your fb group to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jeanette. Great. Friend me on facebook and I'll get you added. facebook.com/lindsayteauge

      Delete
  9. what? i can't take it! talk about confirmation!!!! a close friend just gave me the thieves and progessence plus for my birthday. my husband and i are all about organic and herbal remedies these days. thought you might also like this post my hubbie found this morning. http://recipestonourish.blogspot.com/2011/09/holistic-tips-to-keep-your-family.html.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWESOME!!!!!!!!! YAYA Elisa! I am in love with Pepperming, lavender and lemon. I use them every day. Thieves is so great, too!

      L

      Delete
  10. Such great info to have right at our fingertips! Thanks Lindsay! I never want to remember what life was like before oils!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am super intrigued! i'm trying to live more naturally and this sounds amazing. i just read up on a few of the oils on granola convert and i definitely would like to give them a try. thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! you can always email me at lindsayteague@gmail.com if you have questions as well. I can add you to our oils group, are you on Facebook? give me a shout! yay!

      Delete
  12. LOL I'm the resident woodcarver at our house too! I've been using essential oils for several years now and love 'em! Young Living is a great company; I especially love their blends, like Theives,Panaway, etc. Once you start using the oils for a while, you'll be amazed at how when you go somewhere with a lot of fake chemicals, the smell of them will almost knock you over...that tells me I shouldn't be breathing that stuff in all the time, more or less ingesting it, right? I also like the fact that I'm less dependent on buying a whole bunch of junk at the store for everything...from one woodcarver to another, congrats on your great find! I'll be ordering from you as soon as I get some extra $'s! MISS YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you are Car! You're the OG Woodcarver! ;) Love you and miss you.

      Delete
  13. Ooh, I really, really want to believe you! It sounds too good, though. You're really sure that there isn't something else in your routine that has helped remedy these things? If not, then I would so try this for the sake of keeping my little one well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, what you're saying to me is EXACTLY what I was saying to my friend Monique before I tried them. Might have been word for word. So I get you, I totally do. I am telling you that it worked for me and it's working for the people that I know that are using them. EO's aren't a new thing, they've been used as meds for THOUSANDS of years, I've just been so NOT into natural remedies to know about them. I feel enlightened. If you want to try a few, I'm happy to hook a sister up. The kit is a bangin' deal for a variety of oils for a larger variety of ailments. Totally your call!

      L

      Delete
  14. Hi Lindsay,

    What is the pill form?

    Thanks,
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Girl,

      It means I drop the essential oils into a capsule with some carrier oil and take it like a vitamin. I would, however, caution to only use Young Living Essential Oils for ingestion because they're the only ones I know for certain are safe to take that way. No chemicals or preservatives. Super easy way to get the oils in your body rather than dropping some in water (which you totally can do).

      Lindsay

      Delete