Wednesday, January 09, 2013

All Settled + Project Life Update

Well, folks, we're all settled here in our new home in Seattle, Washington. We love it here so far. It's so gorgeous and the rain has been really cool. I, for one, am a huge fan of rain after living in the desert for so many years. This is literally the opposite of Phoenix. Ahhhhhh.

Now that the holiday season is over, it's time to get crackin' on Project Life. I have some pages to post and some catching up to do! Let's take a look at a new page, shall we?


Here we have my September edition of the 12 of 12 in 2012 challenge that I did. If you haven't seen my previous editions, the premise is simple. You just take 12 photos throughout the day on the 12th of each month and voila, done! I also added a self-portrait film strip each month since I'm likely to be absent from the photos most of the time.

 Both sides of the layout together here for the full effect.

close-up of the left side

close-up of the right side

It's funny to look back at these photos because even in the 4 short months since I took these photos, my girls have changed! The paci went bye-bye on Addy's birthday and the girls got a much-needed hair chop shortly after this month. Crazy. Just another reason Project Life is awesome. We're changing so much right now.


15 comments:

  1. Just starting PL for the first time this week, and doing digital. Love the idea of 12 of 12. Will you be doing 13 of 13 now?

    I'd love to hear tips on your workflow for keeping up with it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessi. I think I'm not going to do 12 of 12 this year. I might pick it up again in future years but since I'm doing weekly project life this year, I'm going to skip the 12 of 12. Not sure what my new workflow will look like, but when I do, I will share it for sure! Thanks!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh! That InstaMemory stamp/brush!!! Where can I find that!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Seattle - you must love today's weather - but here comes snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the snow more than anything in the whole wide world. YAY! Bring it!

      Delete
  4. Hooray for getting settled! I'm sure the cool temps are refreshing. Thanks so much for sharing your layouts! Adorable as always. I spotted the little camera embellishment and wondered where you found that...thanks for sharing the freebie info! Will you be using any of the digital PL kits this year? I love all your digi-inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sara, yea, I'm going to use mostly the PL kits this year. Cobalt is still my favorite of all of them. They're not going away from me! :)

      The icon I found by doing a google search for "social media icons" and then I just downloaded it. Easy peasy!

      L

      Delete
  5. Hi! I'm one of your blog/PL/Photography admirers (shy) :) And because of you, I decided to join PL this year. May I just know any points, like what templates are you using and the kits that you will be using this year (are you going to use kits from last year?) I'm afraid I might buy more (digital) than I'm supposed to..

    p.s.
    The link for the templates are error..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course. The link just closed because they moved to a new location! Sorry about that. These are the templates I'm using: http://www.acdigitals.com/collections/project-life-templates/products/project-life-templates-designs-a-j

      I'm most likely going to be using a combination of kits this year but I generally stick to bright colors so the Cobalt Kit http://www.acdigitals.com/collections/project-life-cobalt-edition will be a staple.

      I will likely be doing a lot with this pack (but it's not a project life kit so there aren't cards like with the project life kits: http://www.acdigitals.com/collections/garden-cafe

      Glad you're starting this year!!! start simple and build up is my best advice!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! Thank you sooo much for the links! Yup, I promise to make my PL simple :)

      Delete
  6. Hey Linz! I was just wondering about project life...Is it like 12 of 12, but you do it every week? Also, where can I get those awesome, randomly sized page protectors that go with the project life kits? LOVE this layout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Car, mine are all digital. They're sold on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s/?_encoding=UTF8&tag=lindmore-20&linkCode=shr&camp=213733&creative=393193&rl=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=project+life+photo+pocket&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aproject+life+photo+pocket

      You can get the core kits there which are pre-printed cards that you slip into the slots along with pictures. You can do PL however you like. Last year I did events and my 12 of 12. This year, I'm doing a spread per week.

      Lindsay

      Delete
  7. The font of your 'instamemory' was like that of Instagram, did you buy them? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nope, just did a search for the instagram font. It's called billabong.

      Delete